explains how we collect information about you, how we use the information we collect, and
how you can instruct us if you prefer to change the use of that information.
- Who we are
HI Bergen Montana provides a wide range of hostel accommodation and programmes and is
a non-profit hostel with a mission to support sustainable and responsible tourism, as well as
HI Bergen Montana is a data controller and a data processor in terms of the General
Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- How we collect your information
Information about you will be collected by HI Bergen Montana in a number of ways:
• When you book accommodation
• When you contact us via our website, e-mail, phone
• When you join as a member
• When you volunteer
• When you take part in surveys, events and competitions
• When you use our websites
• When you interact with us through social media
• When you book our accommodation through third party websites
• When you are involved in an accident or incident at one of our properties
- What personal information we collect
HI Bergen Montana may collect the following types of personal data about you:
• Name and contact information (address, email and telephone number)
• Date of birth
• Payment details
• Identification details, such as your passport
• Details of other people associated with a booking or membership
• Information relating to your online interaction with HI Bergen Montana, for example
the pages you visit on our websites, your IP address, device and browser type, as
well as social media interactions
- How we use the information we collect
We use your personal information in the following ways:
• To confirm and remind you of your reservations
• To provide the services you have requested
• To manage your volunteering and membership
• To record your interactions with us
• To contact you by email, post, text message or phone with relevant communications
about our products and services, such as newsletters, surveys and promotions
• To personalize the services and communications we offer to you
• To help inform and improve the relevance of our online advertising?
• To analyze data so that we can better understand customer and supporter
behaviors, trends and the impact of our activities
• To inform about future product and service development
• To record any accidents or incidents that you may have been involved in or
witnessed at our property
Where we process your personal information, it may be held by HI Bergen Montana or
by trusted third party companies which processes it on our behalf.
- How long we keep your information
We retain your personal information for as long as it is needed to fulfil the service
you requested. In some cases, we must retain it in order to meet our legal obligations
for reporting (for example, retaining financial records for up to 5 years).
When your information is no longer required we will delete it securely.
We may retain information about customers whose conduct has been anti-social or
breached our policies, for the purpose of restricting those customers’ future use of
- How we keep your information safe
We follow good security practices (including appropriate technical and organizational
measures) in the processing, storage and disclosure of information which you have given us.
We monitor your information where practical to do so to check that it is accurate and up to
Our security procedures mean that we will need to confirm your identity before we are
able to discuss your bookings, membership or other queries.
- Disclosing your information to other organizations
The data that we collect from you will not be transferred to, processed, stored or sold
to third parties.
We may release your information to the police or other authorities where we are under
a legal obligation to do so.
- Your rights
You may, at any time:
• Ask us what information we hold about you and what we are doing with it
• Request copies of the information we hold about you
• Ask us to correct your information if it is inaccurate
• Request that we delete your information
• Ask us to change the way we process your information
• Object to our processing of your information
• Change how we communicate with you
If you have a complaint about our use of your information, contact us directly at
email@example.com in the first instance so that we can address your complaint.
However, you can also contact: Datatilsynet, Postboks 458 Sentrum, 0105 Oslo.
If you want to unsubscribe from HI Bergen Montana emails, contact us directly at
data evolves. If we want to make use of your personal data in a way that we haven’t
previously identified, we will contact you to provide information about this and, if
necessary, to ask for your consent.
- How to get in touch
data privacy rights contact us using firstname.lastname@example.org<br>
HI Bergen Montana
Johan Blytts vei 30
Reg nr. 946 493 597
Last updated 21 February 2022